Monday, June 16, 2008

We're Still On!

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

The camp is still on even though I still there's a lot we don't know. Otilia is still ill and in bed so I hadn't spoken to her in two weeks when I tracked down her friend Kristina. I feel really disorganized about this camp, but I don't know how this situation could have been prevented since Otilia got sick.

As I understand it Kristina's father owns the place the place where we'll be camping on Thursday through Sunday, so I called her. Now she is working with us to get the details of camp sorted out, telling the students what to bring, figuring out what we're going to eat, how much food to buy, when we're meeting with the Red Cross volunteers. When I got through to her on the phone on Friday Otilia promised that Kristina would answer all our questions or get back to us with the answers. It's only a slight problem for me that Kristina doesn't speak English.

"The troops" started arriving today so we're figuring out our lesson plans and buying up supplies for our activities. There's still a lot that we're not sure about, such as who are our students? Where is the camp site? Have there been any food donations? Do we have enough money in our budget to feed all these people and provide an educational camp experience?

Anyway we're going through with it and trusting it will all work out. Maybe not like we planned, but it will work out.

No comments: