Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hey, where'd everybody go?

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

Didn't meet with Otilia today. She didn't answer her phone. Which means I really need to meet with her tomorrow or I won't see her this week. I don't necessarily need to see the camp site right away, but I would like her input on the current draft of the schedule, too much free time? not enough? I would also like her to see the budget and sign the letter of agreement about what Peace Corps pledges to bring to the table and what we expect from the Red Cross.

None of these things are deal breakers, but they would help make me more comfortable. In the meantime I had a good conversation with a fellow volunteer about expectations and the culture of camp in Romania and what we want the students to take from the experience.

I do believe that everything is going to turn out fine. I just need to worry about it a lot because a lot of it is outside of my control. Therefore it is really difficult for me to give other people the opportunity to come through for us because I feel better if I do everything, knowing then that it will get done.

As they say in Romania, asta e (that is life).

But today I did get a surprise care package with a bag of marshmallows the refreshing morale boost that comes with peanut butter and maple syrup and other treats! Thank you Karen!

No comments: